Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday-Gorgeous Spring Day!!

It's Outdoor Wednesday!! After you look at my postings for the day go over to Susan's at A Southern Daydreamer and see her beautiful photos.
Her Bradford Pears and tulips are gorgeous!!! Don't forget to visit the rest of the participants
by clicking on thier links!
Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!!! It is so nice to open my blog and find notes from such sweet people!! I really enjoy reading each and every one!!..:-)
Some of the pillows I've been working on.... this is where we spend a lot of time when the weather is nice.



I love mossy rocks...these are down in the spring area.

I planted elephant ears in this spring-fed trickle...they look beautiful later on. Bayberry shrub on the right that smells like bayberry candles when you crush the leaves.

He looks fake doesn't he?


I was sitting on the front porch and saw this Pileated Woodpecker the other day and I was lucky enough to get some shots. These guys are pretty impressive, they are about a foot long and make a wild sound, almost prehistoric. The folks around here call them Wood Hens.



Close-up of native Azalea....very fragrant.


Native Azalea...