Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nesting Fever....

Does anyone get nesting fever in the spring?...I sure do, I start cleaning, washing curtains and windows and I've even decided to paint my kitchen but I'll save that for another post. It could take all summer...;-).
Heres a few photos of some nesters...I knew the wrens were
building a nest either in the garden shed or somewhere close.
She is sitting tight and I won't bother her anymore until they hatch.
Then I'll try and get some shots of open mouths.
It looks like the perfect spot for a nest...she has a view and I love the rusty details on her house. Very vintage.



I think she's mad.






I was taking pictures of the roses and I looked up and this brown-headed nuthatch was checking out the big birdhouse .
He looked at it from all angles and checked out all
four openings. He didn't pay any attention to me at all so
I snapped away.





I'll leave you with the first rose of spring.

I love spring!!!

We have a new baby donkey!...I'll post his pictures soon!