Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday...

Susan at Southern Daydreamer is the very gracious host of Outdoor Wednesday...please be sure and visit with all her participants this week!



Petunias and an old birdhouse I picked up at Canton.





This hydrangea is called Limelight...isn't it beautiful? I didn't plant these until June of this year and didn't expect any blooms....in fact I was worried about keeping them alive with the 100+ temps we've had this summer. All three plants are looking great despite all the heat and dry weather. I can't wait to see what they do next year!




These two photos are of a plant called Muehlenbeckia or wire vine. I can't grow ivy to save my life...it always starts turning yellow and then it shrivels and dies. This vine is wonderful and takes the place of ivy for me...it grows in sun or shade and is winter hardy here in East Texas where we have had some pretty mild winters lately.



I hope everyone has a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday!!!