Friday, April 30, 2010

Flown The Coop!!!



The baby wrens have fledged!!!

One of them had its mouth open until the camera clicked...then all you could see were feathers, except for the one that is staring at the camera...what got his feathers in a wad? I promise I only took three
pictures of them after they hatched. I don't like to disturb their nests
or them.

They were so cute when they decided to leave the nest...balls of fluff were going everywhere...I didn't try to get any pictures of them..I didn't want to upset mom. We were also having to keep a close watch on the two dogs and the cat. They didn't notice a thing though.

I thought I was taking a picture of the flower and noticed later there was a bug eating another bug!...I really need to wear my glasses when I take my camera outside.
If anyone knows what kind of bug this is leave me a comment and let me know. I hope it's a good one!


A pair of House Finches...they are so pretty and sing the sweetest song.
I think these two have a nest close to the house because we hear them singing early in the morning.












I love roses and Ironstone, especially together.