Saturday, April 24, 2010

Isn't Nature Wonderful???

I was feeding the grandbaby and happened to look out of the breakfast room window and thought I was seeing things!!
Luckily my camera was sitting on the table...I took a picture of it to show to my husband and he told me what it was.

We were wondering if he was by himself and if he was just stopping over for some R&R. Well he wasn't by himself!...the very next day his mate showed up at the birdfeeder!!...I got some really great shots of her.  I saw them both at the feeder yesterday but didn't have the camera handy. I hope they stay awhile before they move on.


                            Male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak


             Say!...I don't think I've seen you hanging around the ole
bird feeder before! 




Female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

They have really strong beaks...the bird books said that they can
crack open cherry pits.

I leave you with another beautiful rose...I took this at Breedlove Nursery in Tyler, Texas. I'm sorry but I didn't get the name...GB was not a happy camper. It was getting hot and he was tired of shopping!!







Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!...I hope the sun is shining at your house!!